Sat, Oct 22|
Women's Self Defense
Push passed traumas and reclaim your power!
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2022, 9:00 AM – Oct 23, 2022, 12:00 PM
St. Petersburg, 2700 22nd St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713, USA
About the event
This class is specifically designed from a trauma-informed approach for women, and is intended to help women regain trust and confidence in your body. The instructors for this unique course are: expert martial artist and firearms instructor, Jamarkus Anderson, and licensed psychologist, certified trauma professional and range safety officer, Dr. Nyamekye Laird.
Topics covered will include:
- Information about the impact of trauma on physical and psychological functioning
- Explanation of the fight/flight/freeze/dissociation response and how this impact self-defense tactics
- Situational awareness
- Tactical thinking skills
- Somatic release interventions to facilitate adaptive responses to distress and promote somatic release of trauma
- Basic self-defense skills (with live practice opportunities)
- Introduction to self-defense tools and weapons
- Basic overview of laws regarding self-defense tools and weapons
- Discussion about additional safety and self-defense training for combat and fireams
NOTE: Although this class is co-instructed by a licensed psychologist, it absolutely does NOT constitute any form of therapy, and is NOT considered or intended to be a therapeutic intervention, group therapy, or any other form of mental health treatment. This course is designed purely for educational purposes only. It does not take the place of psychotherapy, mental health treatment of trauma, or other mental health concerns.